About Panama City Beach, Florida
The best beach this side of paradise, Panama City Beach Florida offers 27 miles of stunning white sand, emerald green waters and surefire enjoyment in, on or under the water. Explore our vast expanse of things to do, from family-friendly mazes and Florida sport fishing to exciting nightlife and relaxing spa getaways. With boatloads of attractions, top-notch restaurants, beach activities, amazing accommodations and world-class events, you'll never forget your Panama City Beach vacation.
The Panama City Beach hotels are ready to welcome you to the sugary, white sand and emerald, green waters of one of the most beautiful of all Florida beaches. And with events all year ranging from the famous Seabreeze Jazz Festival, to Thunder Beach to the New Year's Eve Beach Ball Drop at Pier Park, there's always something to see and do on our Real. Fun. Beach.
Legendary for our beautiful beaches
The best beach vacation - period. Panama City Beach Florida offers every kind of fun imaginable, so you can surround yourself with emerald waters, white sand beaches, temperate weather and have the time of your life! No matter who you are or what you enjoy, you’ll find your kind of fun in Panama City Beach.
Legendary worldwide for our breathtaking white sand beaches and Southern hospitality, Panama City Beach Fl is a natural draw for those seeking the warmth and sunshine of a tropical climate with the let-your-hair down kind of charm you can only find here.
Facts About Panama City Beach
Located in Northwest Florida, just 98 miles southwest of Tallahassee and 297 miles southwest of Atlanta. Perfect spot for a Northwest Florida vacation!
* The city has a year-round population of approximately 7,500.
* Over six million visitors enjoy Panama City Beach travel each and every year.
* Ever wonder why our beaches stay so clean & powdery white? The legendary pure white sand of Panama City Beach is attributed to quartz crystals washing down from the Appalachian Mountains centuries ago. Along their journey, the crystals were bleached, ground, smoothed, and polished. The surf and tides of the Gulf of Mexico is responsible for depositing these millions of grains of sugar-white sand onto the pristine shoreline….the result of this rigorous process is the beautiful, renowned beaches of Panama City Beach.
* Panama City Beach Florida has an average of 320 days of sunshine per year.
* Panama City Beach weather is sub-tropical, with a year-round temperature averaging 74 degrees, which means heavenly conditions for those enjoying Panama City Beach travel.
* St. Andrews State Park has been named the #2 Beach in America by Trip Advisor. The 1,260 acre park has forests, sand dunes covered with sea oats, fresh and saltwater marshes, a lagoon swimming area, fishing jetties, hiking trails, 1.5 miles of beach and two campgrounds. Opened in 1951, St. Andrews was once the site of a World War II Military Reservation and has won the World’s Best Beach Award.
* Panama City Beach is bordered on either side by State Parks: St. Andrews and Camp Helen
* The city is also known as the Wreck Capital of the South due to the large number of historic wrecks for scuba divers to explore.
* Panama City Beach is home to one of the country’s largest sport fishing fleets.
* The area boasts one of the highest concentrations of bottlenose dolphins in the world, one of the many reasons Panama City Beach travel is so popular.
* Panama City Beach fishing is world famous, and fisherman can troll for multiple varieties of fish in our waters, including Blue Marlin, Red Snapper, Mackerel, Trout, Pompano and Cobia.
* A community-coordinated project with Panama City Marine Institute led to the development of 50 artificial reefs off Panama City Beach. The natural reefs range in depth from 80 to 100 feet and are just a few miles offshore. These reefs range in height from three to eight feet and are teeming with sea life, including small corals and colorful sponges.
* The Intercoastal Waterway runs through St. Andrews Bay.
* Florida Ironman Triathlon has been held here since 1999.
* Home to the only deepwater diving museum in the U.S., the Museum of Man in the Sea .
So many things to do in Panama City Beach!
If there’s one thing we take seriously here on Panama City Beach, it’s fun. With boatloads of family attractions, top-notch dining, beach activities and amazing condos, we’re surefire enjoyment in, on or under the water. Explore the best beach this side of paradise, and experience all the things to do in Panama City Beach.
Whether it's water sports, shopping, eco excursions or nightlife you enjoy, you can find your favorite activity aplenty in Panama City Beach. Maybe you are looking to tie the knot on our famous beaches with a wedding you'll never forget. Banish the word boredom from your vocabulary and set sail on a beach adventure.The sky's the limit. So look here and find a wealth of things to do in Panama City Beach. Florida beaches are the best place to plan your next vacation.
Today, vacationers travel from all over the world to experience the fun-loving culture of Panama City Beach. It is a place where families vacation year after year, newlyweds honeymoon and friends gather for reunions. The Panama City Beach area offers a rich and diverse culture of entertainment, education and actives that enrich the community. There is something for everyone at Panama at Panama City Beach, and that's why people just keep coming back.
Your home for top Florida beaches.
When it comes to relaxing vacations, there's nothing better than white sand, emerald waters and warm sunshine to calm your nerves and leave you refreshed. Panama City Beach has relaxation down to a science, with quiet stretches of beach, calm waters, luxurious spa options and waterfront dining to soothe your soul. You'll head home a whole new person after some time on our top Florida beaches.
Spend a day getting pampered at one of the best spas in Florida, lounge beside a sparkling pool, play a quiet round of golf, watch the sun set into gorgeous Gulf waters over our top Florida beaches... relax. You can even book the perfect romantic Florida getaway here, just the two of you.
This is your place, your perfect escape